Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Felicity time hair styles

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi does anyone know did woemen from Felicitys time wear their hair in a style that had bangs?? Thanks Diane

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Angry

    As far as I know, no, bangs were not yet in vogue. I imagine, however, that for practical purposes, front hair could be cut shorter to avoid it falling into things.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe not in Williamsburg... but Pueblo people have always worn bangs!

    I don't know if you've seen the pictures of Mariana in Josefina's books... but we had bangs. I personally think bangs are awful, but oh well..

  4. #4
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually asked this when I was in Williamsburg last summer. The answer was no, but since there is so much we don't know about individuals, there could have been those who dared to be different. But bangs definitely were not in fashion among the colonists. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •